Origami cicada is a 3D origami, one of the easiest origami for beginners. For such a paper craft, you only need a sheet of paper, as this is origami without glue. You can take a colored sheet of paper or paint the finished craft. This craft is suitable to prank your friends by putting these origami insects in unexpected places. Please note that this is safe prank.
1. Cut the square to the right size. For a small origami cicada, take a square with sides no more than 9x9 cm.
2. Turn the square's corner to you. Fold the bottom corner to the top corner.
3. Fold the side corners of the triangle to the top corner.
4. Check the result.
5. Fold the top layer down as shown on picture. These are the wings of a cicada.
6. Check the result.
7. Fold the top corner below the middle of the figure as in the picture, use only the top layer.
8. Fold the top corner slightly below the middle of the shape as in the picture. This is the head of an origami cicada.
9. Fold the sides inward, forming the body of an origami cicada.
10. Bend in the middle to give volume to the figure.
11. You get an origami cicada. Color it if necessary.